The Red Thread

Once our eyes have been opened we can't pretend that
we don't know what to do; for God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls
knows that we know and holds us responsible to act. Proverbs
24:12

Friday, January 20, 2012

Back so soon?

Yes, it happened, Owen pulled out his NJ tube last night.  Of course I was home by myself with just Iris and Owen.  Joel and Elliot were at basketball and Ansley was at ballet.  So off we went to the ER to have the tube put back in.  After sitting in the ER for 1.5 hours they told me they couldn't do "that" here, we would have to go back down town.  Great!  By this time Joel and Elliot were home.  So I left all the kids with him and off we went to the ER.  I guess that since South had called downtown to find out what we needed to do to fix this problem and told them that we were coming.  I thought they would have someone there that could fix it.  Wrong.  We waited in the ER for 2 hours before they told me that they didn't have anyone from interventional radiology here at this time of night.  (I guess Owen can only pull his tube out Mon. through Fri. 9-5)  So they decided that we should stay over night and they would fix it in the morning.  I was not having any of this.  So then they called surgery down to see if they could place it.  The surgeon was very nice but said that he would try to place the tube but if he felt any resistance that he was going to stop.  He didn't want to risk injuring the "plug".  If he couldn't get it in then we would have to stay all night.  I think I may just keep a bag packed for Owen and I since I feel like this is bound to happen again.  Luckily, he got it in and an hour later we were on our way home.  I had to laugh at the nurse.  She was lecturing me on "Mom, you need to keep this tape on and make sure it doesn't come off again."  After assuring me she had it on tightly, she turned around to take off her gloves and the tape was already coming off.  So I guess it is not as easy as it looks to keep tape on a crying baby.

Anyway, we are back home and I pray that we stay here. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Runarounds are, um, not fun. And the comment from the nurse got a chuckle over here. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. uuuuugggggghhhhhhh, Melissa. SO sorry!

    ReplyDelete