The Red Thread

Once our eyes have been opened we can't pretend that
we don't know what to do; for God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls
knows that we know and holds us responsible to act. Proverbs
24:12

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

And so it begins

So begins the craziness that is life with 4 kids. Joel has gone back to work and the kids have gone back to school. Today was the first time we had to get 4 kids ready for school and out the door by 7:45. Good times! I did it! Everyone one had clothes on and had eaten breakfast. I can't say that I looked good, but hey, I was dressed and my teeth were brushed. That is a start, right?

Owen had the first of many doctor appointments. He is doing well. His first GI appointment is not until the 20th so we have to wonder what is going on a little longer. He seems to be doing better eating. He will eat any and everything you give him. Not everything stays down. Ansley has decided Owen is not that great to set by. She has moved to the other end of the table. Poor thing, she doesn't do well with stuff like that. I did manage to get almost a full bottle of Insure in him today.  I am determined to fatten that boy up.

I even managed to take a shower without anyone to watch Owen, except Iris. I was a little worried about this as Iris may not be so gentle with him. But I had to shower and I didn't dare leave him in his crib for fear Iris would try to get him out. She did really well with him. Praise be to God. Iris made sure that he didn't try to do anything she knows she is not allowed to do. It was pretty funny listening to her tell Owen, "now just sit right here, you have to STAY in mommy's room while she is in the  shower. You can play with these toys but you can't touch the remote or the phone," What a little mother. Gotta go pick up the last child from school and start homework. Wish me luck!



I have to report that I really paid for that bottle of Insure that Owen drank.  After I went to wake him up from his nap so we could go pick up Ansley from school.  I walked into a scene from a horror movie.  The boy had thrown up all over himself and the bed.  He also had a major explosion in his diaper.  I had to throw him in the bathtubs before I could go get Ansley.  So much for that weight I was going to put on him!

1 comment:

  1. YEAH! Your survived your first day! It does get easier once you get a system down. It really is all about a routine. So feel your pain with the whole eating issue. Piper still throws up occasionally. She has acid reflux too! She is on two medications for that and one for her heart! The tests for the GI issues are not fun! Piper had to drink this awful stuff and then they took pictures while Erik held her down. (Maybe it was a good thing I couldn't be in there since I was pregant with Oliver!) She had to do the swallow test as well as an espaphogram! Piper won't drink pedisure. We are going to have to have a feeding tube put in her stomach. She has only gained two pounds in six months since being home. She is only 19 pounds 10 ounces unless she loses weight again at her weight check this Friday. We go every two weeks for weight checks! I will be praying that Owen gains weight quickly and his GI issues improve! Take care!
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete