The Red Thread

Once our eyes have been opened we can't pretend that
we don't know what to do; for God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls
knows that we know and holds us responsible to act. Proverbs
24:12

Monday, June 21, 2010

Just us girls

Today Joel had to go out of town to visit some tool shops that his  company works with.  So it was just Iris and me today.  At breakfast I think she is finally realizing that there will always be food.  She ate a normal amount of food for a 2 year old girl.  I think we have finally filled the bottomless pit.  Anyway we went to the play room to pass the time until we had to go to our TB test.  I just can't tell you how much this girl loves to play.  When we walk in everyone says "here come Iris"  Not sure if that is meant as a good thing or a "oh no here come crazy girl again".  We like to think it is a good thing!
The TB test was good so no worries there.  However, Iris remembered that place and started screaming the minute we walked in and didn't stop until we were several blocks away.  It was so sad when I had to walk her back into the room where she just days before got stuck and try to make her understand that it was all right.  She clung so tightly to me I couldn't get her off.  The nurse just had to go behind me and look at her arm.  Then we were out of there.
We then had lunch and took a little nap then we went to the pool.  The pool here is great.  They have a baby pool that Iris loved.  She was jumping and splashing all over that pool.  She would fall under the water and when I pulled her up she would just laugh. Needless to say I couldn't get any pictures since I needed to keep all hands and eyes on her.  She is crazy.  And to think her referral said she was timid, shy and quiet. HA everyone at the White Swan knows Iris.  If she is not trying to play with their child she is racing down the halls in her squeaky shoes saying "hello" to every floor light and person she sees. 
I still laugh thinking about how they asked us if we were happy with Iris and still wanted to go through with the adoption since they didn't disclose the fact that she has a birthmark on her shoulder.  I am OK with the birthmark its the super active strong willed personality I am wanting to think over. LOL  She is so funny and just can't believe how well she is doing.  She has hardly even noticed that Joel is not here.  I knew I could work my mommy magic on her. 
Shamian Island is really beautiful and it works well for us to get out and walk with Iris since car rides make her sick.  But boy am I ready to come home.  I miss Ansley and Elliot so much.  I am even starting to miss Clementine the dog.  Clem, you are in for it when Iris gets home.    
Iris even let me put a headband on her today.  She loved it but keep pulling it off and then bringing it to me to put back on.  I finally had to put it away to much trouble.  Maybe there is hope for my girly girl yet.  If not a rough and tumble little girl is great too.
 
I may have spoke to soon about Iris not missing Joel.  We had a sudden thunder storm and she got so scared.  It was all I could do to calm her down.  Once Joel finally walked into the room she perked right up and ran to him.  She was very glad to have daddy back. 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Iris is a hoot! Glad you two had fun until the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading about the beginning of a love relationship with a child. Thanks again for posting each day, we love them and feel like we know Iris already. I just laugh at her energy level. Can't wait to meet her in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so look forward to reading what you three are up to!! I'm living vicariously through you! What an amazing adventure God has blessed you with. I just can't wait till you all get home! Iris will add even more to our wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete