The Red Thread

Once our eyes have been opened we can't pretend that
we don't know what to do; for God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls
knows that we know and holds us responsible to act. Proverbs
24:12

Monday, April 5, 2010

How costly will this mistake be?

Thursday we got our I800 approval only to find out they misspelled Iris' name.  Funny because on the preliminary notice they have it spelled correctly.  Of course I had to have Joel call them because the wait time said 20 minutes or longer and I had to get back to Ansley's school for the Field trip and Easter party.  Anyway, Joel was able to get ahold of them.  They tried to say that we should have checked our preliminary paper for errors.  (Really, no kidding) Joel told them it was spelled correctly on the prelim.  After hours worth of checking they finally admitted it was their mistake.  They would get it corrected that day and mail it tomorrow.  Joel asked if he could come out to pick it up (they are only in Lee's Summit) they said they were a locked building and he would have to mail it.  So we wait, and wait.  You would think I would be getting good at this.  I find that every day that I wait gets a little harder then the last.  Come on people Iris is 2 she can't be a terrorist and if we were criminals would we really be jumping through all these hoops?  COME ON POST MAN.

2 comments:

  1. So frustrating! Our town was spelled wrong on our I-800A approval. I called them and explained. They also tried to blame us and then finally admitted it was their fault and mailed a revised approval. I have been praying the same misfortune you are experiencing (and the one we have already experienced once) will not happen again! Praying it comes quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sick of Hague, we are not SN but NSN & dealing with the same frustrating situation. It should not take this long to push papers. The lock box system is the most infuriating process I have ever seen!!!!

    ReplyDelete