The Red Thread

Once our eyes have been opened we can't pretend that
we don't know what to do; for God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls
knows that we know and holds us responsible to act. Proverbs
24:12

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sweet child, you are my daughter

My sweet little girl. Every time I look at your picture I fall deeper and deeper in love with you. I definitely feel the pull of that red thread bringing us closer and closer together. The funny thing is that when we first got your pictures Joel looked at you and said, "I think she looks like me, she has my dimples." That is so like Joel to take credit for all our children.



Today I went shopping for you. I plan to send you a care package of a pink coat, dress, tights, and a stuffed hippo. You now have a Christmas stocking and your photos are framed to put on the tree. You will be here with us for Christmas in some small way.



Every night as I am putting Ansley and Elliot to bed, I think about you and wonder how your day was. I hope you are being well taken care of and loved. I wonder if you went outside and played. I wonder if someone is saying prayers with you and reading you a bedtime story. I hope you know how loved you are and always have been. You are a child of the Lord and He has loved you even before you were made. I have loved you since Oct. 25, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment