The Red Thread

Once our eyes have been opened we can't pretend that
we don't know what to do; for God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls
knows that we know and holds us responsible to act. Proverbs
24:12

Monday, April 30, 2012

Tomorrow Is A Big Day For Owen

Owen is scheduled for a swallow test tomorrow! So tomorrow we will find out if the hole is closed or not.  He seems to be doing very well and is adapting so well.   The last several days it seems like he has been having a lot less issues which gives us a little hope for tomorrow.

The little man is so funny and absolutely loves his family!  He is speaking a few words and his personality is awesome.  With all of the medical issues it is amazing how great his attitude is.  We finally moved him into his own room over the weekend and he had no problems.  We felt safe doing this as he has been doing so well at night (we still have a monitor though).




We are going to have a very busy May.  The kids are out of school in a few weeks and both Ansley and Elliot have birthdays this month.  Oh yeah, Iris is scheduled to have surgery on May 23.  They are going to correct one of her eyes that wants to cross.  It should be an out patient procedure and we hope it is simple and all goes well.



With all of this going on I arrived home tonight with the kids meeting me at the door to inform me that Mom has found our newest sister!  I told Melissa to move away from the computer.............  Then she showed me a picture.  I still asked her to mover away.  Then she showed me a video of a family with seven kids and they were announcing they were adopting two more kids.  This is how it started last time!!!!!!!





4 comments:

  1. Praying that tomorrow reveals a sealed up hole!

    It sure sounds like May will be busy for you all. Melissa is so funny! Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending our prayers your way! Let's hope for a great doctor visit tomorrow!!! Owen gets cuter every time I see him! He is getting so big! He is adorable! I hope Iris' eye surgery goes well too! Parker sends his love to Iris! So totally get Melissa!! I already found another sister for our family too!!!!!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie has to have eye surgery, too - in June. She has congenital entropion - eyelids turning inward causing her eyelashes to rub against her eyes. Hers will be outpatient surgery as well. Hope Iris's surgery goes well! Melissa - I'm with you - I can't keep looking at pics. I found a brother for my kids :) but Jim's not on board :( I gotta keep praying for Jim to come around :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go Melissa! I love it. I also love owen's hair! It's big!! Will be praying for iris' surgery. Should be quick and easy.

    ReplyDelete