The Red Thread

Once our eyes have been opened we can't pretend that
we don't know what to do; for God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls
knows that we know and holds us responsible to act. Proverbs
24:12

Monday, May 10, 2010

getting so close

We are getting so close now.  Our article 5 was picked up and delivered on Friday.  So hopefully in 3 weeks we will have a travel date.  This Mother's day was really hard.  Joel and the kids tried to make it nice, but I had to work ( who knew mother's day was such a big day for suicides, we had 3 come in)  I had a hard time trying to act happy when the kids gave me their gifts.  Don't get me wrong I loved my gifts.  Who wouldn't love a hand made dish and a story book about how much my daughter loves me.  It is just so hard to celebrate when your child is still so far away.  I called Holt on Friday to ask about our article 5 and was told it was not picked up.  Needless to say I very upset.  So all of that plus it is still so cold here, 50 degrees in May is making me cranky.  Maybe I better go ask for that update on Iris now.  I was going to wait until it got warmer so I could see her out of her big bulky coat.  I think I could use a photo of my girl right about now.

2 comments:

  1. Next Mother's Day will be quite different, happier, complete! I know the wait is, oh so hard. When you think about little Iris each day, it's a day that she could have been here with her family....the wait....all because of paper work....ugh. Isaiah 41:10 tells us to fear not or be discouraged. "I know I need not fear, for You, God, are with me, with Iris, with Joel & Melissa; I do not look around in terror nor feel dispayed, for You are our God. You strengthen and harden us to difficulties. You help us. Yes, you hold us up and retain us with Your VICTORIOUS right hand of rightness and justice." AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that this Mother's Day was so tough on you. Iris will be in your arms before you know it. Hopefully your updated photos will be sans winter coat. But don't rule out long sleeves. Madeline's referral photos had her in long sleeves at the end of May! Can't wait to follow your trip. I think you'll be leaving before us. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete